Monday, February 23, 2009

Is It A Cold Sore Or A Canker Sore?


What’s the difference between a cold sore and a canker sore? While both sores are painful, only one is both contagious and attracts people’s attention.

With a canker sore inside your mouth most people aren’t going to see it. You’ll definitely feel it as the sore tends to be quite tender. Canker sores begin with a red bump with a kind of tingly feeling. As the canker sore progresses it opens up with a red edge and whitish center. According to WebMD these tiny yet painful sores heal by themselves in a little over a week.

Medical research has not found the cause of canker sores. Some question an auto immune disease while others think family history plays a part. Certainly canker sores appear when someone is stressed or tired.

Treatment of canker sores means avoiding foods irritating the sore. Spicy or hot foods can really increase the pain level. You may want to stick with bland or cold foods to ease the pain. Gels used for teething pain can often numb the area for short periods of time. Be sure follow directions on the gel package.

Cold sores are also very painful. But unlike cankers cold sores most often appear on the lips or around the mouth. But cold sores are contagious, very contagious.

Cold sores are caused by the Herpes Simplex virus, which comes in two types. Most people with cold sores have Herpes Simplex type 1. As I’ve mentioned before the initial or original Herpes infection most often happen when someone was a child.

The Herpes virus lays sleeping until it senses a weakness in the body’s defense system. This could be fatigue, stress or an infection elsewhere in the body. As the virus duplicates itself it causes painful lesions or fever blisters around the mouth and lips. Cold sore treatment choices are mostly limited to pain control.

Cold sores last about two weeks from the first red spot to the scab finally falling off. Some people have found local numbing gels, or prescribed anti virus medications help with the pain of the cold sores. Other people use more natural approaches to cold sore treatment.


Photo used courtesy of Cris Watk

2 comments:

Anita Lawson said...

It’s obvious some patients with herpes are being enslaved to the antiviral and other supplementary Orthodox medicine just to help suppress the virus and not a cure. I have been with the virus since 2015 until I was introduced by a blogger who also narrated her story online on how she was cured of Genital Herpes after using Dr Sikies Herbal Medicine. This is a year and 2 weeks since I was delivered from genital Herpes. All thanks to God for using this Great herbalist to heal me. I have promised to keep telling good things about Dr Sikies. Please feel free to share Your problems with him and don’t forget to tell him I did refer you to Him. Thanks. Write him on mail Drsikies@gmail.com He deals with Alzheimer virus, Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Genital, warts, ALS, BV, UTI, Virginal infection, Genital, Wart, HPV, Hepatitis A/B, Good luck, HSV, Pregnancy, Ex back.

here is his website:https://drsikiesherbalcure.weebly.com

you can reach me via mail:anitalawson515@gmail.com

Raymond collins said...

This is real take it serious, who will believe that a herb can cure herpes, i never believe that this will work, i have spend a lot getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy, it got to a time that i was waiting for is death to come because i was broke, one day i hard about this great man called DR.Ehimare who is well know for Herpes, HIV, and Cancer cure, i decided to email him I didn't believe him that much, I just wanted to give him a try, he replied my mail and Needed some Information about me, then I sent them to him, he prepared a herbal medicine (CURE) and sent it through Online Courier Service for delivery, he gave my details to the Courier Office. they told me that 3-5 days I will receive the package and after receiving it, i took the medicine as prescribed by him at the end of the two week, he told me to go to the hospital for a check up, and i went, surprisingly after the test the doctor confirm me Herpes simplex virus negative, i thought it was a joke, i went to other hospital and was also negative, and he also cure other diseases. thank you for saving my life, I promise I will always testify of your good works. if you are herpes simplex virus patient, contact him and I am sure you will get cured, contact him now: drehimare3@gmail.com or whatsapp him + 1 (267) 671-1087 so you can also receive your healing and share your testimony